- Management Accounting
- Payroll Accounting
- Time Keeping System
Payroll calculations are done over the basis of employee’s attendance which can be obtained through the manual register maintained at the main gate of the company. However, due to misuse of the manual registers, most of the entities are using face scanning or thumb impression biometric machines to take the attendance of the labors and office staff.
At the end of the month, a report is generated with the biometric machines to prepare the payroll. But when installing a timekeeping system, the following factors should be considered:
- The system must not allow any other proxy to record the attendance of the person,
- Employees coming late must be recorded late in the system and there should not be any intervention of the gate keeper to edit this attendance,
- Each employee should be allowed to enter or exit the company only when he or she records his or her attendance using the time keeping system,
- Regular audit of the time keeping system should be undertaken and observations should be done at the main gate to review any discrepancies.
- To ensure smooth recording of attendance using the time keeping system, make sure more than one machines are installed to reduce the rush at the main gate.